Welcome back to a new school year, Longhorns!
I hope everyone had a great summer and is looking forward to a new year of Longhorn athletics. Our fall sports programs are under way and I am excited about all that our student athletes and coaches will accomplish this year.
Once again, our student athletes met the challenge in front of them and delivered District, Regional and State level honors to the Ranch. Longhorn football, volleyball, cross country, wrestling, aquatics, golf, tennis and track and field all made UIL 5A State appearances. Our football team won the 5A Division 1 State Championship and our Boys’ Track team brought home a couple of gold medals from the 5A State Meet. You can see the accomplishments of our sports programs on our 2015-2016 Longhorn Wall of Fame. We win at the Ranch!
The Athletic Booster Club (ABC) exists to serve our sports programs, student athletes and coaches at George Ranch High School, in the form of fundraising and volunteer resources. The ABC accomplishments for the past year were:
- Raised over $40,000 at our annual Boots and Bling fundraiser.
- Donated over $40,000 to our Longhorn sports programs.
- Provided $20,000 in scholarships to deserving senior Longhorn student athletes.
This year, we are in a bit of a transition. In the last UIL realignment, George Ranch was moved to Division 6A, while our other LCISD counterparts remain in 5A. This means new opponents, new district, new traditions (and rivalries!) and higher expectations on our programs. Competing against the big schools provides lots of challenges, and opportunities, to raise the bar for our sports programs.
The ABC needs to “step up the game” to meet these challenges, just like our coaches and student athletes. We need EVERY family at the Ranch to play a role in supporting our sports programs. We have several ways for you to get involved:
- Become a family member of the ABC by joining us today. We have a couple of different membership levels and for those that want to contribute financially, above and beyond, can do so at our Lone Star level. Our goal this year is to get as close to 100% participation in the ABC as possible. If you have a student athlete at the Ranch, we need your assistance to help serve and support these programs.
- Become a business member of the ABC through sponsorship. We have several business membership levels available, which include new signage on the athletic fields/facilities, GRHS iRadio advertising and much more. We need our business community to rally around our sports programs so that every need is met. If you have an employer willing to sponsor us, or are a local business owner, we would love to hear from you.
Families and businesses can sign up online at our website. We can’t do what we do without the support of our Longhorn families, businesses and communities. We challenge you to be a part of the best sports programs in the State of Texas!
Lastly, I would like to thank the ABC Board of Directors for all that you do. We have a great team that is very focused on a challenging mission. I love serving alongside each one of you.
One Herd, One Heartbeat!
President, GRHS ABC