Amazing new weight room floors for our George Ranch Athletes courtesy of the George Ranch Athletic Booster Club! Visit www.grhsabc.com to join now!
Congratulations to our new executive board. The new board is:
President: Cody Hunter
1st VP PTO/Merchandise: Gina Burkett
2nd VP Athletics: Jeff Galvan
3rd VP Membership: Josh Connealy
4th VP Sponsorship: Melissa Marlow
5th VP Communication: Marcie Berry
6th VP Fundraising: Amy Pearson
Treasurer: Carol Kostelnik
Secretary: Karen Reid
Grab your boots, throw on your bling and get ready for a night of fun at Boots and Bling 2017, hosted by George Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club. Join us Saturday, April 29th, 2017 at 7:00 pm. This year’s event will be held at the Fort Bend County Fairgrounds, Bldg. B. Tickets are $40.00 each (must be 21 years or older) and includes dinner, drinks and fantastic music featuring THE DECADES. Buy your tickets online at www.grhsabc.com All proceeds will benefit the Student Athletes of George Ranch High School.
The George Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club is proud to announce our 2017 scholarship recipients. This year, 10 scholarships totaling $23,000 were awarded to George Ranch High School Senior Student Athletes. The recipients are:
Always Believe Scholarships – $4000
- Riley Murray
- Kim Williams
One Herd, One Heartbeat Scholarships – $3000
- Megan Foster
- Tenzin Palkyi
General ABC Scholarships – $1500
- Olivia Gray
- Aaron O’Reilly
- Jillian Morris
- Hannah Agner
- Joshua Joe
- Aisha Sheikh
The recipients and their parents are invited to our April 24th ABC General Meeting for a 6:00 reception and a 6:30 scholarship presentation.
Congratulations to our Senior Student Athletes!
Are you looking for ways to be more involved? The Athletic Booster Club will be holding ELECTIONS during our Spring General Meeting for the 2017-2018 school year on April 24. Interested parties must be members of the ABC. It is not too late to join. Visit our website at grhsabc.com, scroll down and click on Join the ABC button. Then complete the nomination form by clicking on this link: Officer Nominations. Please contact Karen Reid, (GRHS ABC Secretary), with your questions at email@example.com.
The Athletic Booster Club (ABC) provides financial support to the student athletes of GRHS through equipment purchases for their particular sport as needed and funds Scholarships for our academically achieving student athletes. We help our student athletes Win at the Ranch!
The George Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club is honored to make 10 scholarships totaling $23,000 available to George Ranch High School student athletes. Scholarships will be granted for the purpose of recognizing outstanding seniors who have been representative of the high ideals of athletic competition at George Ranch High School.
2 – $4,000 “Always Believe” Scholarships
2 – $3,000 “One Herd, One Heartbeat” Scholarships
6 – $1,500 General Athletic Booster Club Scholarships
The following requirements must be met for all applicants:
- Student must be a senior graduating in the Spring of 2017.
- Student must belong to a family that is a member in good standing of the George Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club and the George Ranch High School Parent Teacher Organization. (Join the ABC | Join the PTO)
- Student must be in good standing and have completed a full season of any athletic program that is listed on their application.
- Student must complete the scholarship application and essay(s) and turn it into Ms. Mobley, College and Career Specialist, by the published deadline.
- A transcript must accompany the application; therefore, all outstanding school fees must be paid.
The deadline to turn in the application is February 28th. Late applications will not be accepted. All candidates will be notified, via mail, once the evaluation and award process is complete. Decisions are final. Recipients will be recognized at the Spring Sports Banquet. All funds will be sent directly to the college/university and applied to the recipient’s financial account.
Please join the George Ranch High School Athletic Booster Club for our 2017 Winter General Meeting on Thursday, January 26 at 6:30 PM in the GRHS Library. This is a great opportunity to meet the ABC Board, see what we have planned for the Spring, and discover how you can become more involved. If you have not joined the ABC, you can join on-line or at the meeting.
The GRHS Athletic Booster Club has created a new mobile app for GRHS sports teams. It will become your single source for sport team rosters, schedules, event locations/directions, social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter), Live Audio (GRHS I-Radio), video (YouTube), etc. There is a lot of data in this app and it will continue to be expanded for additional GRHS sports teams throughout the year. You can download it now for your Apple and Android devices for only $1.99 per download using the links below.
Welcome back to a new school year, Longhorns!
I hope everyone had a great summer and is looking forward to a new year of Longhorn athletics. Our fall sports programs are under way and I am excited about all that our student athletes and coaches will accomplish this year.
Once again, our student athletes met the challenge in front of them and delivered District, Regional and State level honors to the Ranch. Longhorn football, volleyball, cross country, wrestling, aquatics, golf, tennis and track and field all made UIL 5A State appearances. Our football team won the 5A Division 1 State Championship and our Boys’ Track team brought home a couple of gold medals from the 5A State Meet. You can see the accomplishments of our sports programs on our 2015-2016 Longhorn Wall of Fame. We win at the Ranch!
The Athletic Booster Club (ABC) exists to serve our sports programs, student athletes and coaches at George Ranch High School, in the form of fundraising and volunteer resources. The ABC accomplishments for the past year were:
- Raised over $40,000 at our annual Boots and Bling fundraiser.
- Donated over $40,000 to our Longhorn sports programs.
- Provided $20,000 in scholarships to deserving senior Longhorn student athletes.
This year, we are in a bit of a transition. In the last UIL realignment, George Ranch was moved to Division 6A, while our other LCISD counterparts remain in 5A. This means new opponents, new district, new traditions (and rivalries!) and higher expectations on our programs. Competing against the big schools provides lots of challenges, and opportunities, to raise the bar for our sports programs.
The ABC needs to “step up the game” to meet these challenges, just like our coaches and student athletes. We need EVERY family at the Ranch to play a role in supporting our sports programs. We have several ways for you to get involved:
- Become a family member of the ABC by joining us today. We have a couple of different membership levels and for those that want to contribute financially, above and beyond, can do so at our Lone Star level. Our goal this year is to get as close to 100% participation in the ABC as possible. If you have a student athlete at the Ranch, we need your assistance to help serve and support these programs.
- Become a business member of the ABC through sponsorship. We have several business membership levels available, which include new signage on the athletic fields/facilities, GRHS iRadio advertising and much more. We need our business community to rally around our sports programs so that every need is met. If you have an employer willing to sponsor us, or are a local business owner, we would love to hear from you.
Families and businesses can sign up online at our website. We can’t do what we do without the support of our Longhorn families, businesses and communities. We challenge you to be a part of the best sports programs in the State of Texas!
Lastly, I would like to thank the ABC Board of Directors for all that you do. We have a great team that is very focused on a challenging mission. I love serving alongside each one of you.
One Herd, One Heartbeat!
President, GRHS ABC