Fall Sports News
Attention to all young ladies not enrolled in athletics for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are interested in participating in girls cross country and/or track as an athlete or manager for the next school year, please see Head Coach Alicia Dutch in the field house before or after school or contact by email at email@example.com. Thank you.
Coach Ricky Tullos, George Ranch High School Campus Coordinator and Head Football Coach, has scheduled his Incoming Freshman Football Parent Meeting for Thursday, May 11th at 7 PM in the GRHS Field House. All incoming freshman football athletes are encouraged to attend.
- Meet the coaching staff
- Summer and Fall Schedules
- Information on physicals
- Booster Club information
On Thursday afternoon, the JV and Varsity tennis teams completed district play at the district tournament. The Longhorns fought hard and brought home a top of hardware. In fact, of the 15 medals up for grabs in the freshman draws, George Ranch brought home 8 and of the 15 medals up for grabs in the JV draws, JV brought home 5 of them. Furthermore, freshman Boys and Girls took 1st and the JV Girls took first as well.
Medal Winners are as follows:
- Kate Miller and Kylie Walters took 3rd in Freshman Girls’ Doubles
- Sophia VanSwol and Viviane Dang took 4th in Freshman Girls’ Doubles
- Alexis Frey took 1st in Freshman Girls’ Singles
- Cameron Hass brought home 2nd in Freshman Girls’ Singles
- Camille Rutherford brought home 3rd in Freshman Girls’ Singles
- Jessie Lorance and Jeffrey Greer took 1st in Freshman Boys’ Doubles
- Victor Colman and Finn Newman took 2nd in Freshman Boys’ Doubles
- Jeremy Bui brought home 4th in Freshman Boys’ Singles
- Alex Hernandez and Leah Thaxton took 1st in Freshman Mixed Doubles
- Jonathan Cline and Christin Bruner took 2nd in Freshman Mixed Doubles
- Heather Wunsch and Lauren Thompson took 1st in JV Girls’ Doubles
- Olivia Ledgerwood and Nicole Brandborg took 4th in JV Girls’ Doubles
- Rachael Holly brought home 2nd in JV Girls’ Singles
- Nick Heard and Ethan Chau took 3rd in JV Boys’ Doubles
- Daniel Pate brought home 4th in JV Boys’ Singles
- Nerija Sickle and Thomas Thaxton took 1st in JV Mixed Doubles
- Lauren Caples and Dylan Le took 3rd in JV Mixed Doubles
This past Thursday and Friday, the girls and boys tennis team completed in the District 23-6A Championship here at George Ranch. George Ranch High School boys brought home the District Championship. The boys teams all placed in the top three in each one of the five draws. In boys singles, Marc Maciel brought home the Silver medal with Ryan Cao bring home the bronze medal. In boys doubles, the team of Johnthan Tan and Jack Berry brought home the silver with the team of Ryan Grace and Thomas Mandell bring home the bronze medal. In mix doubles, the team of Josh Joe and Julia White brought home the silver medal and the team of William Blanco and Megan Foster brought home the bronze. George Ranch High School Girls finished in second place by three points. They performed well in every draw. Chloe Redies brought home the only gold medal with a win in girls singles. The team of Hannah Rosebanum and Pari Khawaja brought home the bronze medal in girls doubles. Everyone who finished in the top two will be heading the Deer Park April 18 and April 19 to complete in the Region II I 6A Tennis tournament.
The George Ranch Tennis team competed in the LCISD Tournament Friday, March 24, 2017. The team had several medalist:
B Girls Singles: Chloe Redies finished in First Place
A Boys Singles: Marc Maciel finished in First Place
B Boys Single: Joshua Joe finished in Third Place
B Boys Double: Ryan Grace and Nick Luu won the Consolation bracket
B Mix Doubles: Grace Nguyen and Ben Miller finished in Third Place.
The tennis team will be traveling next Friday, March 31, 2017, to compete in the Katy ISD Tournament.
Congratulations to the Varsity Tennis Team at an amazing showing at the Cy Fair Varsity Tennis Tournament on Thursday. Everyone did great, but the following athletes stood out: Julia White – 3rd place Girls A Singles; Ryan Cao – 4th Place Boys B Singles; Cassie Chen and Pari Khawaja – 4th Place Girls A Doubles; Jonathan Tan and Jake Berry – Consolation Winners Boys A Doubles; Thomas Mandell and Megan Foster – 3rd Place B Mixed Doubles