On Thursday afternoon, the JV and Varsity tennis teams completed district play at the district tournament. The Longhorns fought hard and brought home a top of hardware. In fact, of the 15 medals up for grabs in the freshman draws, George Ranch brought home 8 and of the 15 medals up for grabs in the JV draws, JV brought home 5 of them. Furthermore, freshman Boys and Girls took 1st and the JV Girls took first as well.
Medal Winners are as follows:
- Kate Miller and Kylie Walters took 3rd in Freshman Girls’ Doubles
- Sophia VanSwol and Viviane Dang took 4th in Freshman Girls’ Doubles
- Alexis Frey took 1st in Freshman Girls’ Singles
- Cameron Hass brought home 2nd in Freshman Girls’ Singles
- Camille Rutherford brought home 3rd in Freshman Girls’ Singles
- Jessie Lorance and Jeffrey Greer took 1st in Freshman Boys’ Doubles
- Victor Colman and Finn Newman took 2nd in Freshman Boys’ Doubles
- Jeremy Bui brought home 4th in Freshman Boys’ Singles
- Alex Hernandez and Leah Thaxton took 1st in Freshman Mixed Doubles
- Jonathan Cline and Christin Bruner took 2nd in Freshman Mixed Doubles
- Heather Wunsch and Lauren Thompson took 1st in JV Girls’ Doubles
- Olivia Ledgerwood and Nicole Brandborg took 4th in JV Girls’ Doubles
- Rachael Holly brought home 2nd in JV Girls’ Singles
- Nick Heard and Ethan Chau took 3rd in JV Boys’ Doubles
- Daniel Pate brought home 4th in JV Boys’ Singles
- Nerija Sickle and Thomas Thaxton took 1st in JV Mixed Doubles
- Lauren Caples and Dylan Le took 3rd in JV Mixed Doubles
This past Thursday and Friday, the girls and boys tennis team completed in the District 23-6A Championship here at George Ranch. George Ranch High School boys brought home the District Championship. The boys teams all placed in the top three in each one of the five draws. In boys singles, Marc Maciel brought home the Silver medal with Ryan Cao bring home the bronze medal. In boys doubles, the team of Johnthan Tan and Jack Berry brought home the silver with the team of Ryan Grace and Thomas Mandell bring home the bronze medal. In mix doubles, the team of Josh Joe and Julia White brought home the silver medal and the team of William Blanco and Megan Foster brought home the bronze. George Ranch High School Girls finished in second place by three points. They performed well in every draw. Chloe Redies brought home the only gold medal with a win in girls singles. The team of Hannah Rosebanum and Pari Khawaja brought home the bronze medal in girls doubles. Everyone who finished in the top two will be heading the Deer Park April 18 and April 19 to complete in the Region II I 6A Tennis tournament.
The George Ranch Tennis team competed in the LCISD Tournament Friday, March 24, 2017. The team had several medalist:
B Girls Singles: Chloe Redies finished in First Place
A Boys Singles: Marc Maciel finished in First Place
B Boys Single: Joshua Joe finished in Third Place
B Boys Double: Ryan Grace and Nick Luu won the Consolation bracket
B Mix Doubles: Grace Nguyen and Ben Miller finished in Third Place.
The tennis team will be traveling next Friday, March 31, 2017, to compete in the Katy ISD Tournament.
Congratulations to the Varsity Tennis Team at an amazing showing at the Cy Fair Varsity Tennis Tournament on Thursday. Everyone did great, but the following athletes stood out: Julia White – 3rd place Girls A Singles; Ryan Cao – 4th Place Boys B Singles; Cassie Chen and Pari Khawaja – 4th Place Girls A Doubles; Jonathan Tan and Jake Berry – Consolation Winners Boys A Doubles; Thomas Mandell and Megan Foster – 3rd Place B Mixed Doubles
Congratulations the varsity tennis team on competing hard at the Spring Branch Tournament. Hannah Rosenbaum and Will Blanco brought home third in the mixed doubles draw. Ryan Cao brought home 1st in the boys B singles draw. Also special shout out to Chloe Redies for taking 4th in the girls singles draw, Marc Maciel for taking 9th in the Today’s Stars boy’s singles draw and the doubles team of Jonathan Tan and Jake Berry for taking 5th in the boys doubles draw.
This past Friday the GRHS Varsity tennis team competed in the Alief Tennis Tournament. Marc Maciel and Ryan Cao both fought hard in a very difficult A Boys Singles Draw. Megan Foster and Thomas Mandell Won 1st place in the B Mixed Doubles Draw. George Ranch brought 2 medals home in the B Girls Singles Draw; Grace Nguyen won the consolation medal and Chloe Redies brought home 3rd place.
Yesterday JV Tennis competed in the Katy ISD Spring Tournament, and we had a fantastic showing! There were many hard fought matches, and a full 50% of the precipitants came away with a medal! Coach Raley and Coach Guidry are so proud of the effort these students athletes are putting in. Medal winners are as follows:
- Freshmen A Girls Singles – Alexis Fry; 1st place
- Freshmen A Boy Doubles – Victor Connor/Finn Newman – 2nd place
- JV A Girls Doubles – Heather Wunsch/Lauren Thompson – 3rd place
- JV B Girls Doubles – Olivia Ledgerwood/Leah Thaxton – 3rd place
- JV B Mixed Doubles – Nick Chin/Nerija Sickel – 1st place
Congratulations Longhorns! Keep up the great work!
This past Friday the Longhorn Varsity Tennis Team traveled to the Angleton Tournament. The team had entries in 9 of the draws and earn medals in 7 of them. It was a great showing by the team! Medals winners are as follows:
- Julia White – A Girls Singles 2nd Place
- Chloe Redies – B Girls Singles 2nd Place
- Ryan Cao – A Boys Singles Consolation Winner
- Jake Berry and Jonathan Tan – A Boys Doubles – 2nd Place
- Ben Miller and Ben Leung – B Boys Doubles – Consolation Winner
- Joshua Joe and Cassie Chen – A Mixed Doubles – 1st Place (Champions)
- Will Blanco and Hannah Rosenbaum – A Mixed Doubles – 2nd Place
- Grace Nguyen and Thomas Mandell – B Mixed Doubles – 1st Place (Champions)
Go luck to the JV team as they compete in the FBISD tournament this week and to the varsity team as they travel to the Klein Tournament on Friday.
The varsity Longhorn tennis team fell to the Friendswood Mustangs in the opening round of area playoffs. After being down out of doubles 1-6, the Longhorns fought hard in singles. Winner their doubles match was Marc Maciel and Josh Joe. Winning their singles matches were Marc Maciel and Cassie Chen. It was a great fall season and we are looking forward to spring. Congratulations on a great season!
The varsity longhorn tennis team took on Alief Taylor Monday night. The team walked away with an 18-1 victory which brings their district record to 4-1. Monday night was also senior night. We would like to take a moment to thank our 11 seniors for all they have done for the program over the past 4 years. Thank you; Hannah Rosenbaum, Corrine Saha, Megan Foster, Liz Cervantes, Sara Grace, Aisha Sheikh, Josh Joe, Will Blanco, An Nguyen, Jeremy Harvey, and An Nguyen.